(LIVESTREAM) Wound Care Certification Basic Training and Refresher Course - Webclass (July 15, 2023)
Wound care certification preparation course for physicians or nurses. Hybrid online and livestream webinar training. Earn continuing education hours CME/CEU.
Wound Care Training for Nurses and Physicians
If you’re a physician, CNA, RN, LPN, or APRN looking for a wound care certification preparation or refresher training – this program is for you.
This course is a hybrid of online learning + 1-day livestream webinar session to maximize learning and minimize travel expenses.
Students who take our wound care certification prep course should find themselves overprepared to sit for a wound certification exam.
Important Note: If you are planning to sit for a wound certification exam please check with your certifying agency of choice prior to taking this or any course, to be sure that you meet their requirements to sit for a certification exam. Each certifying agency has their own criteria, and sometimes those criteria change without notice.
(Note: This course is also a great refresher for those seeking wound care continuing education (CMEs/CEUs).
Date: July 15, 2023
Credit hours: 25.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Creditstm
License Eligible for CME/CEU: MD, DO DPM (Florida only), RN, APRN, LPN, CNA, RCP, CRT, RRT
Livestream Webinar Day: 7:00am - 7:00pm EDT
- 25.5 total CME/CEU wound care continuing education hours
- 15 hours study guide based precourse (self-guided/online)
- 10.5 hours livestream webinar course
- Debridement-specific lecture and hands on practicum during the livestream course day.
- A final exam
- Certificate of course completion
- CME or CEU credits
- Wound Care Certification Study Guide, 3nd Edition, a 350-page study guide that includes a post-course exam complete with answers and explanations. You will receive the print book version (a $57 value).
STUDY GUIDE PRECOURSE (self-guided/online)
15 hours - To Be Completed Prior to Classroom Course.
For the study guide precourse please use the textbook that you are provided with this course, titled, Wound Care Certification Study Guide, 3nd Edition. The study guide textbook is a professional published 350-page study guide that includes a post-course exam complete with answers and explanations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS (Study Guide Precourse)
Chapter 1 from the study guide is not included as part of this online module educational content as it is purely introductory, covering only the process of becoming certified in wound care. Educational content for this online course begins with Chapter 2 of the study guide.
LIVESTREAM WEBINAR COURSE DAY SCHEDULE
Date: July 15, 2023
The livestream webinar course day is 10.5 hours of livestream webinar-based learning.
Livestream Webinar Course Day Hours: 7:00am - 7:00pm EDT
Debridement Module and Hands-On Practicum
The livestream course includes a debridement practicum that includes lecture and hands-on practicum, "Debridement: Learn How, When, and Why."
- In the debridement practicum you will learn:
- Methods of debridement
- When a wound may need debridement
- Safety concerns related to debridement
The hands-on practicum that follows the lecture will allow you to gain hands-on practice with debridement tools and techniques.
How It Works
- The purpose of this livestream webinar format is to continue training as normal while reducing the level of person-to-person physical human contact and reducing travel in accordance with government imposed restrictions.
- We use Webex as the livestream platform https://www.webex.com , please plan accordingly.
- Course attendees may attend the livestream course days from wherever they are located (ie, home or office) are as long as they have:
- A computer with strong internet connection
- A camera on your computer so we can see you (required for attendance verification purposes),
- Speakers and a microphone on your computer for listening to the lectures and asking your questions (or an available phone line, a dial in option is available for the audio).
- Students are required to test their computer connection prior to the start of the course. A Self-guided, on-demand test runs can be done by students anytime at the following link https://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html/
The primary purpose of this course is to address the practice gaps and to educate in all disciplines on core anatomy, wound healing physiology, wound etiology and interventions.
The second purpose of the program is to teach the major sanctioned and cutting edge techniques and alternatives in advanced skin and wound care management principles.
The third purpose is to provide a course designed to prepare the learner for the major wound care certification exams in the market place today.
Registration Fee: $1,600 per person
(Groups of 3 or more receive 10% discount!)
Jointly Provided: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society and Wound Care Education Partners. The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation Statement: The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society designates this live activity (10.5 hours) and enduring material(15 hours) for a maximum of 25.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Full Disclosure Statement: All faculty members and planners participating in continuing medical education activities sponsored by Wound Care Education Partners expected to disclose to the participants any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. Full disclosure of faculty and planner relevant financial relationships will be made at the activity.
The information provided at this CME activity is for Continuing Medical Education purposes only. The lecture content, statements or opinions expressed, however, do not necessarily represent those of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS), its affiliates or its employees.
Please contact us for group discount pricing (3 or more participants)
|Event Date||07/15/2023 7:00 am|
|Event End Date||07/15/2023 7:00 pm|
|Cut off date||07/11/2023 9:00 pm|