(LIVESTREAM) - STAFF REGISTRATION Outpatient Integrated Strategies - Introduction to Hyperbaric Medicine - Webclass (May 30, 31, June 1, and 12)
Welcome to the STAFF registration page for livestream Introduction to Hyperbaric Medicine - Outpatient Integrated Strategies, LLC!
COVID-19 Contingency Plan for Training
Wound Care Education Partners is implementing a "COVID-19 Contingency Plan" for moving forward with hyperbaric training. Wound Care Education Partners has received UHMS approval to hold the hyperbaric training via live stream webinar format. Instruction will be the same as a face to face training, with the goal of reducing human-to-human physical contact and reducing travel.
This course will provide you with basic training or continuing education in hyperbaric medicine.
This course is a precursor to getting the UHMS PATH or ABWH certificate of added qualification.
Licenses Eligible for CME/CEUs: MD, DO, DPM (Florida only), RN, APRN, LPN, CNA, RCP, CRT, RRT
Physician Assistant (PA) CMEs: PA’s will receive a letter that states the educational activity was certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and the hours earned; the letter can be submitted to your licensing board.
CHTs/CHRNs and students pursuing CHT or CHRN added qualification are not eligible to attend the livestream webinar course; you will need to attend all 40 hours in-person later this year. CHTs/CHRNs seeking Category A continuing education credits/recertification through NBDHMT are not eligible to take this livestream course, as the livestream format for Introduction to Hyperbaric Medicine is not approved by NBDHMT. Find an in-person course here.
Please note that the American Board of Wound Healing (ABWH) offers added qualifications similar to those offered by the NBDHT. The ABWH offers Certified Hyperbaric Specialist (CHS) and Certified Hyperbaric & Wound Specialist (CHWS) .
The UHMS recognizes both CHT/CHRN and CHS/CHWS - you can find the UHMS position statement here.
This livestream hyperbaric training course does apply to those pursuing CHS/CHWS through ABWH, as it is a UHMS approved training course.
Course Times for May 30 & 31, 2020
Course Times for June 1 and June 12, 2020
This contingency plan and unique training opportunity, as approved by the UHMS, is in effect only while we are under a state of national emergency and government imposed travel restrictions.
The purpose of this livestream webinar format is to continue training as normal while reducing the level of person-to-person physical human contact and reduce travel in accordance with government imposed restrictions.
HOW TO ATTEND
- We will provide all four days of the hyperbaric training course via livestream webinar. The purpose of this livestream webinar format is to continue training as normal while reducing the level of person-to-person physical human contact and reducing travel in accordance with government imposed restrictions.
- The 4th day of the training on June 12 from 9am - 6pm EDT is the chamber and TCOM practicum day of the course. Our faculty will livestream the 4th day/practicum day from the WCEP chamber classroom. If you are working in a hyperabric facility, we recommend that you join the livestream course that day from your chamber room.
- We use Webex as the livestream platform https://www.webex.com , please plan accordingly.
- Course attendees may attend the livestream course days from wherever they are located (ie, home or office) are as long as they have:
- A computer with strong internet connection
- A camera on your computer so we can see you (required for attendance verification purposes)
- Speakers and a microphone on your computer for listening to the lectures and asking your questions (or an available phone line, a dial in option is available for the audio)
- We will do a livestream dry run/test run for staff on Wednesday, May 27 at 12:30pm EDT so students can test their computer connection prior to the start of the course.
- Self-guided, on-demand test runs can be done by students anytime at the following link https://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html/
If you wish to attend a regular face to face course, we invite you do so later this year (click here to see courses calendar). However, with this unique training opportunity approved by the UHMS we are continuing to moving forward as scheduled, as much as possible.
|Event Date||05/30/2020 7:00 am|
|Event End Date||06/01/2020 6:00 pm|
|Cut off date||05/30/2020 7:00 am|
|Location||Webclass - Outpatient Integrated Strategies, LLC, St. Vincent Anderson|