Do you need continuing education hours or CMEs in wound care?
If yes, this course is for you!
Credit Hours: 7.5
License Types Eligible for Continuing Education Credits: MD, DO, RN, LPN, CNS, ARNP, CRT, RRT, RCP
Physician Assistant (PA): Non-physician health professionals and other participants may not be awarded AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. PA’s will receive a certificate that states the educational activity was certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and the hours earned; the certificate can be submitted to your licensing board.
What's included in this course:
- 7.5 hours of online learning
- 9 video lesson modules
- A final exam
- Certificate of course completion
- *CMEs or CEUs for eligible license types included at no additional cost
- Access to the online learning modules never expires
- Anatomy and wound healing physiology
- Wound care etiology, diagnosis and management algorithms
- Assessment and classification of chronic wounds
- Proper wound assessment and documentation
- Discuss factors that impede wound healing
- Clinical algorithms and scientific management of problem wounds
- Hyperbaric Physics and Physiology
- Mechanisms of Hyperbaric Medicine
- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) Accepted Indications
- Debridement, including:
- The different types of debridement and the indications and contraindications of each
- Explain anatomical structures and types of tissue commonly seen in sharp debridement
- Explain the technologies and products used in the debridement process
- Identify tools used in the sharp debridement process
- Outline policy and procedures related to debridement
- Discuss the appropriate terminology and documentation used in sharp debridement to optimize reimbursement
The primary purpose of this Wound Care Review Course is to educate in all disciplines on core anatomy, wound healing physiology, wound etiology and interventions. The second purpose of the program is to review the major sanctioned and cutting-edge techniques and alternatives in advanced skin and wound care management principles. The third purpose is to provide a course designed to prepare the learner for the major wound care certification exams in the marketplace today.
Jointly Provided: “This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society and Wound Care Education Partners. The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
Designation Statement: The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society designates this enduring material for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Full Disclosure Statement
All faculty members and planners participating in continuing medical education activities sponsored by Wound Care Education Partners expected to disclose to the participants any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. Full disclosure of faculty and planner relevant financial relationships will be made at the activity.
The information provided at this CME activity is for Continuing Medical Education purposes only. The lecture content, statements or opinions expressed, however, do not necessarily represent those of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS), its affiliates or its employees.
Name of Individual
Individuals Role in Activity
Name of Commercial Interest (If Applicable)
Nature of Relationship
Michael White, MD, MMM, CWS
Read Dr. White's bio here: https://woundeducationpartners.com/our-faculty/148-michael-white-md-mmm-cws.html